CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 27, 2013

Every weekend should be 3 days...

Memorial Day was a nice day filled with good friends, getting water logged in the pool and eating way too much food!  It was great.  Having a pool has been such a wonderful addition and brought countless hours of fun for so many people.

I had to work all weekend but still managed to make it fun, since I was out in the Mosquito Lagoon with a team of wonderful people working to save the world one oyster at a time.  :)  My busy season is starting up at work just in time for Brandon to be home with Graham.  I will still have my Mommy/Dude days that I dedicate just to him but it won't be only Tuesday each week for a few months.

So since I know you all are so curious, I have to tell you that Friday (Graham's first day with new teacher/new class) went GREAT!!!!!  I dropped him off and stayed for about 15 minutes to show him Winsten, the class hamster and the beta fish in a bowl attached to the wall.  Graham loves animals so that was his highlight of the day.  Although he doesn't like to play with his classmates much, if at all...he seemed comforted that it was familiar faces that moved up with him to the new class.  His new teacher, Ms. Alicia is absolutely wonderful and already knew and loved Graham.  (She was close with G's previous teacher that we liked so much so she already knew some of his 'quirky needs' and rather than making them a negative, she has embraced him as he is which is what he needs).  When I left he stood there and frowned, but waved and said 'bye Mommy...bye.'  It was sad and sweet and promising all at the same time.  On one side it killed me not to see him freak out when I left, because that all I've ever known but on the other side I loved seeing him comfortable and at peace with me leaving.
When Brandon picked him up she said he had a great day and all went well.  (deep sigh of relief)  Ms. Alicia is known for her students learning to use the potty so we hope between at home practice and school practice, we can get this potty training thing taken care of!  I'll be so glad when I buy his last box of diapers (and sad because my baby is growing up!)

I hope you all had a nice long weekend and got to relax with friends, family and think about this great country that we live in and how some people are so selfless that they have given their lives so we can live.  We are so blessed.  Way more than we deserve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment